This is the truth as I know it.
- Have you ever felt real pain when you saw someone wipe out on t.v.? You might have cringed, or gotten the “heebie jeebies”?
- Have you ever been around someone who outwardly appeared fine, but being near them made you feel sad? And then later they confessed how depressed they have been?
- Have you ever gotten a weird feeling that you shouldn’t trust someone you just met, and then later had that mistrust validated?
- Do large crowds drain you, or sometimes energize you?
These things are ways of experiencing empathy. Almost everyone is to some degree empathetic. People with strong empathy pick up on these feelings without the help of any rational, logical, or visible stimuli.
Empathy is clairsentience.
Feeling like you are being watched, or followed, is also clairsentience.
- Do you dream?
- Can you picture a person, place, or thing, in vivid detail?
- Have you ever heard someone call your name, but no one was there?
- Have you ever heard voices?
- Have you ever said something so amazing and inspiring, at just the right moment, that it didn’t even feel like the words were your own?
- Have you ever just “known” something? Inexplicably? Maybe you just knew that there would be a great parking spot waiting for you when you pulled up to the grocery store.
- Have you ever had a nagging feeling that your mother was going to call you, and then within the hour that phone call comes in?
- Have you ever had a random thought about your friend, and you had a feeling that they might be having a rough time? So you get in touch - and wow, yeah, they’re having a shit day?
This is intuition. Knowing something “intuitively” is pretty well accepted even among non-spiritual circles.
But guess what, intuition is claircognizance.
Clairsentience, clairvoyance, claircognizance, clairaudience, these all involve “Psychic” - metaphysical - “sixth” senses.
These are the senses that psychics and mediums use to connect to the energy of other people, and to the energies of Spirits.
Everyone has these abilities, to one degree or another.
THESE ABILITIES ARE NOT SPECIAL.
We are all born with the ability to use them, or not use them. I choose to exercise these abilities, and use them, but that does NOT make me more “spiritual” than someone who doesn’t know how to work with these senses, or chooses not to.
The more you tell yourself that you don’t have “it,” that you don’t have what the “spiritual” people have, the truer that becomes, because we create our own realities.
So stoppit. If anyone is special for having these senses, we are all special.
You are special. Whether you feel your connection to your higher-power-of-choice when you read scripture, or great literature, or listen to classical music, or get your feet in the grass, or eat an incredible confection, or look at a sunset, or hear birdsong, or hug your mother.
It’s all valid. Please don’t compare your experience of the world to someone else’s, and then judge your experience as either inferior, or superior.
It is what it is. You are who you are. You are exactly where you should be, and you can go anywhere that you want to.